Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Survey Says

I say that surveys are driving me crazy right now. I think I told you that I applied to several survey polls. There is one I really like and then the rest are a waste of my time. I just wasted 45 minutes filling out yes or no questions that kept going. Pop-ups started filling the screen. It was utter crap. Excuse me for speaking that way but enough is enough. If you wanted to give me a $500 gift card to Wal-Mart make it simple. I recently called a 1-800 number for a free vacation. If I went along with it then I would receive $40.00 for my time. Yeah right. I spent another half hour telling this young man that I was not going to book a hotel stay and give him my debit card number (even though I don't have one). I never did get credited with the $40.00. My time wasted away again. Here are my comments to these survey places.
  1. Some things in life are free. But there is so much out there that is not.
  2. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't true.
  3. A sucker is born every minute (ie. I was a big one for wasting my time)

Don't get me wrong, I like doing surveys that really ask me questions about an item, or service. What I don't like is marketing jargon? I don't like nonsense pop-ups, and promises of a wonderful gift card. Has anyone done this?

No comments: