Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Recipes

My goal for this week is to use up all the food in my freezer and cabinets. This is a difficult task considering all I have is beef steaks (we ate all the chicken tonight). So I sifted through the cabinets and found a jar of pasta sauce, ramen noodles, soy sauce, cake mix, a can of sliced carrots, egg noodles, and a can of tuna. I plan on making tuna casserole tomorrow. My kids fortunately like to eat it because it is noodle based. I don't tell them it's tuna because kids are kids and they think tuna is gross. I believe that using what I have in my cabinets and refrigerator, I will be able to shave off some on my grocery bill this week. That means I will be able to save $100. Typically I buy as much as I can at bargain rates but I thought this week I can be a little bit more creative. Does anyone have any good recipes for beef steaks? I have thick cut, and thin cut, and a steak roast. I also have fajita powder, burrito powder, and a bunch of spices so I hope that I can make dinners a little bit kid approved. Has anyone tried this before? I found a can of spiced apples (I don't think I bought this) but I think I can make a nice dessert for the kids.

No comments: