Saturday, August 30, 2008

Are There Any Lenders Out There???

Today we looked at the house that I had my heart set on. I was so excited and so were the kids. I know that this is the house I want. I sent out for a pre-approval loan a couple of days ago. I had not heard back from them. It is a beautiful maintained home. Something that my family can grow in. My realtor said that I should put an offer out there because it may get taken away from another person. So I did. It was $8500 below the asking price and guess what? The seller approved it. So I got more excited and giddy and then the lender called to tell me that my credit still is poor and they're sorry. SORRY!!! I have never been excited one minute and let down the next. My heart hurts right now that I cannot catch a break with these banks. I know that in the past I have been late on payments but I have paid most of it off. My credit is close but not cutting it. My realtor told me not to give up hope and we will find something we can afford. But we CAN afford this house is the problem, but my younger years screwed it all up. *Breathe* I still have hope and I have not given up. I am sure that there is someone out there who will loan me the money. I have been diligent on my debt repayment and am working my knuckles to the bone to know that I can afford this home. Anyone out there who can help me. I have bad credit I will not lie, but I have the money to afford this home. I will continue to have faith, believe that all things are acheivable.

1 comment:

jpkittie said...

oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. Our credit was pretty crummy when we bought our house... we went through that lending tree where there are a bunch of banks that look over your information & decide if they want to give you a loan. The bad thing is, right now, because of the market & economy, not many banks are willing to give people a shot...

I know that I am just some woman out in cyber space ~ but I just wonder, is it necessary that you buy a home right now, or can you wait another year & try to give your credit score some time to get better? If you do wait & get your score up, you will end up having an approval & you will get a lower interest rate... that could mean hundreds of dollars per month! Just something to think about.

By the way - I enjoy reading your blog - I am glad that I stumbled across it.

Good Luck