Thursday, August 21, 2008

Staying On a Path

I have done most of the things I have set out to do in my goal to financial freedom. I think of it everyday (sometimes every night). I wonder what do people do to stay motivated. I look at all my wonderful tickers on my blog and I just haven't seen them budge in weeks. It can be a bit of a downer. I am doing the best that I can. My hubby reassured me tonight to be patient because we will not be in this blah mode for long and soon be living a little bit more comfortably. I have had some fears in my lifetime and finances is my biggest one. Listed are the things I have done to save more. It's not much but it is something so this is a bit motivating.

  1. Spend $40-$70 in groceries a week. I am trying really hard to get this down weekly but my children love to eat. I have started obtaining coupons and using them on great deals. Sometimes I come up short and stray from my grocery list but I'm getting better each time. One day I hope to only spend this amount of money monthly.
  2. Stop buying coffee every morning. I calculated how much I spend weekly on coffee if I continued to buy it. $23 a week/$92 a month. This was hard to swallow. I brew my own and now save bunches. That's crazy to think I used to spend that much.
  3. Stocking up on beauty items/cleaning items. I have been to the dollar store a lot and they have some things that I use daily for such a minimal price. This saves me $40 every two months.
  4. Reading personal finance blogs. This is the best thing I can do. All the writers are human and have made mistakes. They too are making a difference in their situation. I think we are doing what we do for the good of our pocket books.

These are a few things, I have a few more and a ton more I need to work on. Join me in my journey and we'll have fun keeping each other accountable.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Good for you! Sounds like you're right on track.

That will be amazing if you can stick to a weekly food budget of $40-$70. I am for $90 a week and can rarely do it. For some reason my family loves to eat too! lol!

:)