Monday, August 18, 2008

We Wish For Things We Can't Have

I have been browsing a few financial blogs today and I wanted to end the night with a question. Why do we want things we can't have? I know that all things are possible through God, but there is all this want for materialistic things. I want a million dollars. Don't snicker, you know you have that thought now and again. I almost went to the liquor store to spend money on a lottery ticket in hopes that I would be the one to win, but I turned around. I don't want wishful thinking, I want action and that's what I intend to do. Instead of wanting so much I am going to try an implement some plans.
  1. Have a yard sale. I have till the end of the month to do this. If my hubby does not help me get the crap out of storage I am going to make him stay in storage. There is no reason I should have 2 storage units and pay out of my behind. Savings for the month $200.00 in rental fees.
  2. Donate plasma 1-2 times a week. They pay $40.00 for your first donation and $25.00 for consecutive visits. Earnings for the month $100.00 realistically.
  3. Turn off the air conditioner. This is a money sucker. I don't get hot unless I go outside. My house is pretty insulated and I am not fat, so I can't hide from the elements. Savings for the month $30.00
  4. Get my son potty trained. The little booger is soooo stubborn. This may take awhile but I am done with diapers, pee and poop. Yuck. Savings for the month $50.00.
  5. Continue to blog when things are bad. I like to let my feelings out, having them pent up for so long makes me sick.
  6. Implement the law of attraction. I have read The Secret twice. I want to attract money so I am allowing it to come to me TODAY!!!

Why am I so obsessed with money right now? Well my hubby took one whole week off and I did not know he was not going to get paid for the week. So now I have to play catch up all over again. It upsets me terribly that he took vacation without pay. This is one big mistake to learn from. I remember having my second child and instead of recuperating from a C-section I was back to work in 2 weeks because we would have no income at all. It sucked and now I have that sick feeling in my stomach again.

Communication is important in a relationship. Make sure that when you have a plan EVERYONE is involved.

1 comment:

RTC said...

I want to encourage you on your 1st goal having a yard sale to get rid of the storage units. I find it easier to accomplish a big goal by breaking it down into smaller steps. Some possible suggestions:
1. Invite your husband to help, but if he doesn't want to, what can you do on your own, or with the help of family?
2. Maybe just do one storage unit at a time.
3. If everything doesn't sell, take it to Goodwill or give it away.
These are just suggestions to start you brainstorming. Good luck!
Elizabeth