Thursday, January 29, 2009

Much Accomplished


Today was a hectic day. I made a list of the things I set out to do. The first was to call my Student Loan holders because they keep calling me all the time. I knew something was terribly wrong. So I call and they tell me I haven't made a payment in 5 months. Well as bad as it seems they couldn't access my account because the wrong birthday was listed. Since it was wrong they couldn't give me any information over the phone. So for the past 5 months they have been reporting that I have been late for 5 months on my credit report. Tomorrow is a new day for me to get on the phone again with them so get this fixed. I then proceeded out in the snow and ice to get my coworker a birthday gift. Lucky for me I love this coworker as a sister and I didn't mind handing $5.00 for it. So I had $65.00 total to spend. I think I came out very well. My friend is a frugal person herself so she didn't ask for a whole lot. Most of the things I got her were from consignment shops, thrift stores, and the Goodwill. She will be so proud of me. This is no joke, she likes that type of stuff. I am currently reading Confessions of a Shopoholic. I feel like that most of the time. Although my plan is to save money the idea of spending said money is very alluring to me. Spending other people's money for this birthday felt invigorating.
Next on my list was to call the school that I am eventually going to attend. I have to make monthly payments for my classes so I do not pull another loan. This is very exciting. I can't wait to go back to school. I cooked and cleaned as always. Then I did my PTC sites, which was boring but still productive on my part. So now I am winding down on the money I spent today out of my own wallet. $200.00 went to the electricity bill. I hated handing that money over to them but we don't have a fireplace, so we have incurred 3 space heaters. My husband was too lazy to put up plastic sheeting to help insulate the house. (Let me side tack a little. The reason I am disgusted is because I work as well as take care of the children, plus, I cook, do the grocery shopping, go to school and participate in community theater. My husband does work 13 hours a day, but he has to do some type of work in the house instead of sleeping all day. I even take out the trash, do all the laundry, bathe my kiddos, cook, and prepare for the next day. So please excuse me if I call my husband lazy.) I'm thinking of going to the Amish Country and buy one of those heaters that heats the whole house, that would be nice. I finally ended up in Kroger's and bought a marinade for dinner, an onion, and a bell pepper. That total was $5.96. So my total spent today was $205.96. I don't think that is too bad except I know where to cut down. I need the heat for these kids, other than that, appliances are unplugged and unnecessary things are off. Phew! More to do tomorrow.

No comments: