Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Day Off Work

There's a lot for me to do on my day off but I have been lazy. I did make a list and created a monthly budget for February. But, I am still bored. So I started check out WAHM sites. I am not a stay at home mom but I would like to be. There are some cool sites that have a lot of useful information. I also started online shopping again. Since I'm trying to be frugal with my money I just browsed. I made another list of things that I want to buy. These are "wants", not necessarily "needs". Below I have listed a few of them and the reasons I think I want them.
1. A new laptop. This will give me the easy access I need to the internet when I am away from home. When I do community theater and have a lot of down-time I can flip my laptop open and do either school work, write an article, or surf the internet. I want one so bad because I find that the hubby likes to hoard the home computer to play his video games. Cost for said laptop $450.00.
2. A Wii game system. This is a total want just for the shear fact that it is fun to play and it gives me some family time with the kiddos. Plus I hear that they have a Wii fit board that shows you how to do yoga moves. Have you ever played a Wii. It's a great workout for your arm. The first time I ever played it, my arm was sore for two days. Cost for Wii system plus Wii Fit $350.00
3. lia sophia jewelry. Because of the icestorm I had to postpone my party. But by having a party I am earning free jewelry for all the friends that I invite and who purchase jewelry too. I am addicted to this stuff. Jewelry is like the icing of a new wardrobe and I want lots of frosting. Cost for jewelry FREE if enough people buy, but I plan on spending $60.00.
As you can see I really don't have a huge list. But if want these items I have to work hard to save a little bit more each payday. I think it's doable.

No comments: